Periodically, we introduce and highlight a colleague. If you see him or her around town, be sure to introduce yourself and say, “Hi, I saw you in the FIELD’s Peer Review!”
Dr. Marcu is the Director of Faculty Development within the Center for Adult Learning at Lincoln College-Normal. Originally from Northern California, she lives in Peoria, IL with her husband and two dogs. She completes triathlons (swimming, cycling, running) and enjoys cooking.
- Degrees: Ph.D. in Curriculum and Instruction from Virginia Tech (2013); M.S. in Instructional Technology from California State University, Chico (2009).
- Certifications: Technical Writing, ABE Certification, LCN IRB Certification (pending)
- Teaching since: 1996 (as a TA), 2003 (as an instructor).
- Teaching formats: Face-to-face, Online, and Hybrid/Blended; Traditional and Accelerated.
- Courses taught at LCN: BUS 166 (Management Information Systems) and SOC 304.
- Social Media: LinkedIn, Twitter, Google+
- About teaching in ABE: “Teaching a 5-week course is a lot faster and more intense than the online 8-week accelerated format I was used to. The 5-week format makes me focus on what’s truly necessary and important for my students to learn. It’s not good enough to simply ‘compress’ my previous courses; I take the time to identify the “must-have” learning objectives and from there I align and arrange ALL of my activities, assignments, and assessments. My goal is to ensure no one’s time is wasted and everyone learns what they must know to be successful.”
Connect with her via email: firstname.lastname@example.org, mobile: (530) 426-2372, or social media.